- Be held accountable to the National Board of Trustees for the care and proper administration of their Division.
- Arrange for, convene, and supervise not less than one (1) Division Conference each year for the purpose of discussing Division problems, planning and executing means and methods of strengthening and increasing the effectiveness of the Division.
- Arrange for detailed schools of instruction.
- Make every continuing effort to establish new detachments and departments within their Division. The National Vice Commandants may institute a PROVISIONAL Department in any State having one or two legally established detachments and appoint a PROVISIONAL Department Commandant and Aides from within those detachment(s), the task of organizing sufficient additional detachment(s) to create a permanent department within one (1) year of the date from the creation of the Provisional Department.
- Appoint a Division Adjutant/Paymaster and a Division Sergeant-At-Arms, and a Division Aide-de-Camp in each department within their respective divisions, when in the opinion of this officer, such action is necessary to assist in the constructive growth and enhancement of the Division.
- All National Division and Assistant Vice Commandants handling Division monies shall be bonded. The National Division and Assistant Vice Commandant and the Division Adjutant/Paymaster or Division Paymaster, whichever is applicable, will be covered under a blanket bond, paid for by National Headquarters.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the National Division Vice Commandant.
- All authorized expenses of the National Assistant Division Vice Commandant, approved by the National Division Vice Commandant, will be charged against the allocated budgeted amount for that National Division Vice Commandant.