Robert J. Borka
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer shall: Be employed by the National Board of Trustees and shall be directly responsible to that body. He/she shall be the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Marine Corps League with the responsibility for the management and direction of all programs, activities, and affairs of the Marine Corps League, providing assistance to all committee and staff officers as requested. All matters which are under the jurisdiction of the National Judge Advocate, must be referred to the NJA. In addition, all matters concerning the following must be referred to the NJA with a copy to the National Commandant without personal comment: (a) Request for interpretation of the National Bylaws and Administrative Procedures.(b) Disagreements of any nature referred to the Marine Corps League for adjudication by member(s) of the Marine Corps League, subsidiaries or subordinate groups.
- Be responsible for the employment and the termination of employment and the determination of compensation of National Headquarters Staff Members and supporting personnel as determined by the National Board of Trustees within approved budget guidelines, with the exception of the National Staff Officers appointed by the National Commandant, whose termination must be approved by the National Board of Trustees.
- Determine the compensation for the National Headquarters administrative staff/support personnel within the approved budget guidelines.
- Perform all of the ordinary and necessary business of the Marine Corps League, including the approval of purchase orders for materials and services, attend to normal business operations within the bounds of budgetary limitations and guidance as provided by the National Board of Trustees
- Bring to the attention of the National Commandant and/or the National Board of Trustees all matters of extraordinary expense, significance, or importance, and where appropriate or otherwise required by other provisions of the National Bylaws and Administrative Procedures, obtain approval through mail or telephone vote of a majority of the National Board of Trustees, prior to the execution of such matters.
- Supervise the League's National Headquarters.
- Be responsible for the editing, printing, publication, and distribution of the Marine Corps League's national publication.
- Serve as Secretary of the Corporation, and in that capacity, shall be directly responsible to the National Board of Trustees.
- Keep the minutes of all National Conventions, board meetings, and perform such other duties as are usually assigned to a Corporation Secretary.
- Mail to each Detachment and Department within sixty (60) days following each National Convention and each meeting of the Board of Trustees, a brief summary of the minutes showing actions and decisions affecting the National Bylaws, Administrative Procedures, and policy.
- Publish and distribute two copies to each Department and Detachment Judge Advocate, quarterly, the opinions and rulings of the National Judge Advocate filed with National Headquarters.
- Receive and review all National Committee reports and correspondence, and, where appropriate, forward copies to the National Board of Trustees for information, consideration, or concurrence.
- With the National Commandant, prepare and transmit to the Congress of the United States, on or before the first day of December in each year, a report of the proceedings and activities of the Marine Corps League for the preceding year, including a full and complete statement of receipts and disbursements during the said calendar year. Such an accounting is to be made by a CPA and must be received from the National Adjutant/Paymaster on or before November 15th of said calendar year.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the National Commandant and/or the National Board of Trustees.
- Surrender to the duly appointed successor all Marine Corps League books, records, and other property with which the office is charged.
- Not hold any other position on the National Staff.
- Mail to each living Past National Commandant any and all material sent to the National Board of Trustees.