Robert J. Borka
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer shall: Be employed by the National Board of Trustees and shall be directly responsible to that body. He/she shall be the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Marine Corps League with the responsibility for the management and direction of all programs, activities, and affairs of the Marine Corps League, providing assistance to all committee and staff officers as requested. All matters which are under the jurisdiction of the National Judge Advocate, must be referred to the NJA. In addition, all matters concerning the following must be referred to the NJA with a copy to the National Commandant without personal comment: (a) Request for interpretation of the National Bylaws and Administrative Procedures.(b) Disagreements of any nature referred to the Marine Corps League for adjudication by member(s) of the Marine Corps League, subsidiaries or subordinate groups.
- Be responsible for the employment and the termination of employment and the determination of compensation of National Headquarters Staff Members and supporting personnel as determined by the National Board of Trustees within approved budget guidelines, with the exception of the National Staff Officers appointed by the National Commandant, whose termination must be approved by the National Board of Trustees.
- Determine the compensation for the National Headquarters administrative staff/support personnel within the approved budget guidelines.
- Perform all of the ordinary and necessary business of the Marine Corps League, including the approval of purchase orders for materials and services, attend to normal business operations within the bounds of budgetary limitations and guidance as provided by the National Board of Trustees
- Bring to the attention of the National Commandant and/or the National Board of Trustees all matters of extraordinary expense, significance, or importance, and where appropriate or otherwise required by other provisions of the National Bylaws and Administrative Procedures, obtain approval through mail or telephone vote of a majority of the National Board of Trustees, prior to the execution of such matters.
- Supervise the League's National Headquarters.
- Be responsible for the editing, printing, publication, and distribution of the Marine Corps League's national publication.